Edamame Carrot Rice Soup
- Slow Cook
This is a light and colorful edamame carrot rice soup that screams springtime in a bowl! Made with wholesome ingredients such as edamame, leek, carrots, and spinach, this bright and savory porridge-like soup will have you come back for seconds and thirds!
- Servings 3-4
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 80 min
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock (for vegan version)
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
- Handful baby spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon high quality extra virgin olive oil
- Put the garlic cloves, rice, leek, carrot, rice, and stock, in the rice cooker inner pot, and stir.
- Close the lid and select the [Slow Cook] function. Set the timer to 70 minutes and press start.
- When the cooking is done, stir in the edamame and baby spinach and close the lid. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add an additional cup of water if the soup is too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
What we like best about this soup is that it’s light but also quite filling, making it a great meal option for those looking to shed a few pounds. The combination of vibrant veggies, sweet edamame, chewy rice, and a savory broth yield a soup that’s both beautiful to look at and absolutely delicious!
How to Make Edamame Carrot Rice Soup
- Cut your vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Add the garlic, leek, carrot, rice, and stock, in the rice cooker inner pot, and stir to combine.
- Close the lid and click the Slow Cook function. Set the timer to 70 minutes and press start.
- When the soup is ready, stir in the edamame and spinach and close the lid. Leave for 10 minutes before serving.
- Check on the consistency of the soup – if you find it too thick, add a little water and stir. Season to your taste and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Make it even healthier by using brown rice instead of white rice. If you do decide to make it with brown rice, add an additional 15 minutes to the cooking process (85 minutes instead of 70).
- Make it herbaceous by adding freshly chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley.
How to Store this Soup
Transfer the soup to an airtight storage container and let it cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Products used in this recipe
Induction Heating Rice Cooker JKT-D10U/18U
Made in Japan The TIGER JKT-D multi-functional induction heating (IH) electric rice cooker allows yo […]LEARN MORE