Chapter 1 General
Tiger Corporation (“We” or the “Company”) believes that personal information is an individual’s valuable property and that the appropriate handling of such information is one of the Company’s important obligations, and we make the following declarations and work to implement them as a company.
- Collection of Personal Information
When collecting personal information, we make clear the purpose of collection and the Company’s contact information for inquiries, etc., and we collect personal information within the necessary scope after obtaining the individual’s consent and use it within the scope of purpose of use for which we have obtained consent. In the event that we intend to use personal information beyond the scope of the purpose of use for which we have obtained consent, we first notify the individual and obtain his or her consent.
- Provision to Third Parties
We do not disclose or provide personal information to any third party, except in the following cases.
When it is required by the applicable laws and regulations.
When the individual has already given his or her consent.
When it is in a form where the individual cannot be identified.
When providing it to subcontractors to achieve the purpose of use.
- Provision of Personal Information to Subcontractors
We may entrust the handling of personal information to subcontractors to whom we entrust all or part of our operations to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. Such subcontractors shall be selected based on the selection criteria established by the Company, and we appropriately manage and supervise such subcontractors upon concluding confidentiality agreements with them.
- Requests from Individuals for Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, Suspension of Use, Etc.
We have set up a help desk for inquiries regarding personal information and we accommodate requests from individuals for the disclosure, correction, deletion, suspension of use, etc., of their personal information to a reasonable extent.
- Security Management and Subcontractor Management
We take the necessary security management measures to prevent personal information leakage, loss, damage or utilization other than for the intended purposes, and promptly take corrective measures in the event of system failures, etc. In addition, we enter into agreements concerning the confidentiality of personal information with subcontractors to whom we entrust our operations, and we supervise them to ensure that they handle personal information appropriately.
- Our Personal Information Protection System
In order to carry out the above measures appropriately, we appoint a personal information protection manager, as well as managers in each department that handle personal information, and we strive for appropriate management of personal information. We also regularly conduct education and enlightenment activities for our employees, etc., to ensure that personal information protection measures are being taken.
- Our Initiatives and Matters to Be Complied With
We comply with the laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act), Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information, guidelines established by the Japanese government, and other codes and related regulations. To that end, we have built a personal information protection management system, and we strive to continuously improve the management system through internal audits and other means.
- Revision of Personal Information Protection Policy
This Policy may be revised by the Company in its sole discretion within the scope prescribed in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and within the reasonable scope of the purpose of use.
Chapter 2 Purpose of use and shared use, contact information
Tiger Corporation (“We” or the “Company”) handles personal information as follows in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Policy.
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information We Handle
We use personal information for the following purposes.
For Management of members and users of each service of our company*
For shipping of our products and parts*
For reference materials for our product and service development from questionnaires*
To provide information on events we hold*
For contacting business partners*
For employment management and recruitment screening*
To provide repair services (including inspection services)*
To provide information on our products and services*
For Response to consultations and inquiries
For analysis and use for marketing in the Company*
*Asterisk mark refers to information subject to disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc.
- Matters Regarding Joint Use
We may share the personal information collected in the course of providing repair services with our subsidiaries and affiliates within the scope of the purpose of use described in the preceding paragraph. However, the Company shall be responsible for such joint use.
Inquiries about personal information, various application destinations.
Mon-Fri, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm (ICT)
Article 2. Personal Data to Be Collected
- The Company may collect the following personal data from any users of the Website.
a. Names and addresses in detail
b. Information on orders or customer services
c. Email addresses
d. User names and passwords
e. IP addresses
f. Details of payments
g. Information on employment and curriculum vitae
h. Debit or credit card information for a user’s purchase of products through the Website
- Other than account login information and the financial account information that a user provides through the Website, the Company never collects any sensitive personal data through the Website, such as your social security number, driver’s license number, passport information or health data.
- The Company collects personal data from a user of the Website when he or she performs any of the following acts.
a. Registering on the Website
b. Placing an order
c. Applying for employment through the Website
d. Logging into his or her account
e. Otherwise using the Website
Article 3. Purposes of and Legal Grounds for Processing of Data
- The Company collects and processes personal data solely for the purposes listed below.
a. Implementation of Contract or Response to Request of User of Website before Execution of Contract:
When any user of the Website places an order with the Company through the Website, the Company may process his or her personal data in order to implement such contract. The Company never processes such personal data beyond the extent required to implement such contract.
The Company may use the personal data of any user of the Website in order to (i) communicate about any products or customer service of the Company; (ii) notify the user of the Website of information concerning his or her account and/or information that is important for him or her; and (iii) respond to any related complaint. When any user of the Website creates an account with the Website, the Company stores his or her personal data in order to make it unnecessary for him or her to input such personal data whenever accessing the Website. Such processing of personal data is required for the purpose of implementing contracts and/or earning rightful profits by the Company, that is, carrying out its normal business.
When the Company intends to communicate by email with any user of the Website for the purpose of marketing, it always obtains his or her prior consent for such communication except in cases where such communication is about products similar to those ordered by the user in the past. Every user of the Website has the right and option to require the Company at any time to stop transmitting emails to him or her. Such processing of personal data is required for the purpose of earning rightful profits by the Company, that is, communicating with a user and providing similar products and services to him or her, or is based on his or her prior consent.
d. Customer Service:
When any user of the Website uses the customer service of the Company, the Company may use his or her personal data to provide such customer service to him or her. Such processing of personal data is required for the purpose of implementing contracts and/or earning rightful profits by the Company, that is, carrying out its normal business.
e. Application for Employment:
When any user of the Website applies for employment through the Company’s website, the Company may use his or her personal data to respond to such application. Such processing of personal data is required for the purpose of earning rightful profits by the Company, that is, employing people who will work for the Company.
- When the Company intends to process any personal data of any user of the Website for any purpose beyond that of the processing of such data intended at the time of its collection, the Company will provide the user with information on such other purpose and all other relevant information in addition thereto before processing such data.
Article 4. Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
We may share your information with service providers who assist us in our business operations, such as delivering email and marketing information to you, analyzing data we collect, assisting us in attributing sales (for example, to determine whether we have displayed an advertisement to you and you have subsequently purchased a product from us), and sending you products and services you have requested. We may share your information with service providers who assist us in the operation of our business. We also share your information with attorneys, auditors, information technology companies, and others who provide services to us.
We share only the personal information that is necessary for these companies to perform the services requested by us. These companies are required to protect your information in the same manner as we do and will not share or use your information for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
We never sell personal information. In other words, we do not provide personal information to a third party for money or other value.
Article 5. Security
- The Company will prevent any misuse, loss or falsification of any personal data of any user of the Website by taking all appropriate, systematic and technical security measures in order to protect such personal data. In addition, the Company will grant access to personal data only to its employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to access such data. Those persons shall have confidentiality obligations under employment contracts or (data processing) agreements.
- If any personal data is infringed upon, the Company will notify the relevant supervisory authority and the data subject of such infringement, pursuant to the applicable privacy protection laws and regulations.
Article 6. Data Retention Period
- The Company will never retain any personal data of any user of the Website for a period longer than that required for the purpose of the collection of such data.
- Any user of the Website may require the Company to delete his or her personal data at any time. When the retention of any personal data becomes unnecessary in light of the purpose of collection or processing of such data, the Company will delete such data.
Article 7. Rights of Users of Website
- When any personal data of any user of the Website is processed based on his or her consent, he or she has the right to withdraw such consent relating to his or her personal data at any time.
- Every user of the Website has the right to require the Company to grant him or her access to his or her personal data. This allows him or her to receive a copy of his or her personal data retained by the Company.
- Every user of the Website has the right to require the Company to correct his or her personal data retained by the Company. This allows him or her to correct any incomplete or incorrect data thereon retained by the Company.
- Every user of the Website has the right to require the Company to delete his or her personal data retained by the Company. This allows him or her to delete or remove his or her personal data continuously processed by the Company without any justifiable reason.
- Every user of the Website has the right to object to the processing of his or her personal data by the Company for its rightful profits. When the Company processes such data directly for the purpose of marketing, it will always accept such objection made by a user. When the Company processes such data for any other purpose, it will stop processing such data except when there is an unavoidable and justifiable reason for processing such data which (i) shall be given priority over the user’s interest, right and freedom or (ii) relates to initiating or taking any legal proceedings or proving arguments in such proceedings.
- In addition to the rights described above, every user of the Website has the right to file a complaint at any time with any supervisory authority (particularly that located in the EU member country where he or she has a residence, workplace or a violation of the GDPR is suspected to have been committed). However, the Company will appreciate it if he or she grants the Company an opportunity to respond to such complaint before he or she contacts such supervisory authority. Such prior notice by him or her will be highly appreciated.
- When any user of the Website under 16 years old intends to exercise any of the rights set forth in this article, he or she is requested to obtain the consent of his or her parent or guardian to use the Website or consent to use the Website only after obtaining the permission of his or her parent or guardian.
Article 8. Contact Details for Inquiries
When any user of the Website has any question or complaint or desires to exercise any of the rights set forth in Article 7 hereof, he or she is requested to contact the following point of contact.
Mon-Fri, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm (ICT)
Article 9. Miscellaneous Provisions
- The Company is authorized to delete the account of any user of the Website at any time without giving him or her any prior notice. If the Company deletes an account, it will accept no liability for any detriment caused thereby to such user.
Chapter 4 Additional Provisions for Users Residing in California, USA
In addition to the provisions in Sections 1 through 3 above, this additional provision applies in accordance with the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”) with respect to the handling of personal information of California residents.
Article 1 Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to our collection and use of your personal information.
1. Right to request disclosure of personal information
The user has the right to request that we disclose any personal information that we collect, sell, share, release, or use. Once we confirm that we have received a request from an identifiable user, we will disclose the following information.
· Types of personal information collected about users
· Collection methods of personal information collected about users
· Our business purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information
· Information about third parties to whom we disclose, sell, or share personal information
· Types of personal information disclosed, sold, or shared with each third party
2. Right to request deletion of personal information
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you and retained. Once we confirm that we have received a request from an identifiable user, we will delete the user’s personal information from our records and notify any third parties with whom our company has shared the user’s personal information to delete their records.
3. Right to request correction of personal information
In view of the nature of your personal information and the purpose for which it is processed, you have the right to request that we correct your personal information if it contains inaccuracies. Once we confirm that we have received a request from an identifiable user, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to correct inaccurate personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Right to request discontinuation of sale and sharing of personal information
You have the right to request that we stop selling and sharing your personal information. To request that we stop selling and sharing your personal information, please refer to this page.
We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of users under 16 years of age without obtaining approval for the sale of such personal information.
5. Right to request restrictions on the use of sensitive personal information
We will not use or disclose sensitive personal information collected from you for any purpose other than the following.
· To provide goods and services that the average consumer reasonably expects
· To help ensure security and integrity
· For the provision of services on our behalf
· To maintain or improve the quality and safety of our goods and services
6. How to exercise your right to request disclosure, deletion, or correction
To exercise the above rights guaranteed under the CPRA to request disclosure, deletion, or correction, please refer to this page.
If you are a minor, your guardian can make an identifiable request on your behalf.
Article 2 Collected Personal Information
The types of personal information we collect and the methods of collection are as follows.
[TIGER FOREST Member Profile Information]
· Type: Date of birth, gender, region or country of residence, telephone number, email address, product serial number, product color, product purchase date, product receipt image, form of product purchase, store where the product was purchased
· Collection method: Collected from information entered by the user when registering as a member of TIGER FOREST, when changing user registration information, when registering products, and when changing product registration information
· Type: Access data to this service website
· Collection method: Collected from this service website using cookies, etc.
Please note that we collect the Tiger ID (email address) and password of users, which fall under the sensitive personal information under the CPRA.
Article 3 Purpose of use of personal information
We use the personal information described in the preceding clauses for the following purposes.
[Tiger ID Member Profile Information]
Article 4 Retention period for personal information
We will retain your personal information to the extent necessary for the purposes listed in the preceding clauses. Our criteria for determining the retention period include, but are not limited to: (1) how long you will receive services provided by us; and (2) whether we have any legal obligations.
Article 5 Sharing or disclosure to third parties
[TIGER FOREST Member Profile Information]
We share personal information, including TIGER FOREST member profile information, with our subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising distributors, and other third parties.
We share personal information, including access data, with our subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising distributors, and other third parties.
Last Updated: March 24 2023