Ramen Noodle Salad
- Side Dish
We’ve had it with sad desk-salads! This delicious ramen noodle salad is packed with veggies, drizzled with the best honey and sesame dressing – and is super FUN to eat!
- 1 package Dry ramen noodles
- ½ cup Shredded cabbage
- ½ cup Broccoli, chopped into small bite size florets
- ¼ cup Carrot, julienned
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Plain rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil the noodles according to the directions on the package and drain. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Transfer the noodles to a bowl and add cabbage, broccoli, and carrot.
- Pour dressing on the salad and toss well.
- Once complete, place in Tiger insulated food jar to take in on the go.
A VERSATILE AND DELICIOUS RAMEN NOODLE RECIPE
This yummy salad features three of our very favorite things: springy ramen noodles, crisp veggies and a sweet and savory Asian salad dressing.
Obviously, you can never go wrong with ramen. But something magical happens in the texture department when you add broccoli and an Asian slaw consisting of julienned carrots and shredded cabbage.
The Asian vinaigrette is super flavorful too! There’s a mild sweetness from honey, countered by umami from soy sauce and kosher salt. Rice vinegar delivers a bright zing – and we’re head over heels for the toasted nuttiness of sesame oil.
Yep – this salad has ALL the flavors! And it’s so easy to make, you can whip it up before work or school and lunch like the pro you are.
HOW TO MAKE RAMEN NOODLE SALAD
This is really a mix-and-go recipe.
However, we do have one recommendation when cooking the ramen noodles:
- Cook your noodles until you reach the desired doneness. Then drain and immediately rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. They’ll be bouncy and light when lunchtime rolls around.
From then on is just all about whipping up your dressing and adding veggies. Easy, right!?
HOW TO TAKE THIS ASIAN SALAD TO GO
Your co-workers are going to be so jealous when they see you tucking into this healthy, homemade salad!
Take it to work or school in your Tiger vacuum insulated stainless steel food jar.
Pro tip: If you use the MCC Food Jar, you can wrap your sesame seeds in plastic wrap and keep them in the storage compartment inside the lid. Unwrap and add them just before eating your ramen noodle salad for the best texture and crunch 😋