Personal Information Protection Policy
Tiger Corporation (“We” or the “Company”) believes that personal information is an individual’s valuable property and that the appropriate handling of such information is one of the Company’s important obligations, and we make the following declarations and work to implement them as a company.
1.Collection of Personal Information
When collecting personal information, we make clear the purpose of collection and the Company’s contact information for inquiries, etc., and we collect personal information within the necessary scope after obtaining the individual’s consent and use it within the scope of purpose of use for which we have obtained consent. In the event that we intend to use personal information beyond the scope of the purpose of use for which we have obtained consent, we first notify the individual and obtain his or her consent.
2.Provision to Third Parties
We do not disclose or provide personal information to any third party, except in the following cases.
When it is required by the applicable laws and regulations.
When the individual has already given his or her consent.
When it is in a form where the individual cannot be identified.
When providing it to subcontractors to achieve the purpose of use.
3.Provision of Personal Information to Subcontractors
We may entrust the handling of personal information to subcontractors to whom we entrust all or part of our operations to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. Such subcontractors shall be selected based on the selection criteria established by the Company, and we appropriately manage and supervise such subcontractors upon concluding confidentiality agreements with them.
4.Requests from Individuals for Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, Suspension of Use, Etc.
We have set up a help desk for inquiries regarding personal information and we accommodate requests from individuals for the disclosure, correction, deletion, suspension of use, etc., of their personal information to a reasonable extent.
5.Security Management and Subcontractor Management
We take the necessary security management measures to prevent personal information leakage, loss, damage or utilization other than for the intended purposes, and promptly take corrective measures in the event of system failures, etc. In addition, we enter into agreements concerning the confidentiality of personal information with subcontractors to whom we entrust our operations, and we supervise them to ensure that they handle personal information appropriately.
6.Our Personal Information Protection System
In order to carry out the above measures appropriately, we appoint a personal information protection manager, as well as managers in each department that handle personal information, and we strive for appropriate management of personal information. We also regularly conduct education and enlightenment activities for our employees, etc., to ensure that personal information protection measures are being taken.
7.Our Initiatives and Matters to Be Complied With
We comply with the laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information, including the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, guidelines established by the Japanese government, and other codes. To that end, we have built a personal information protection management system, and we strive to continuously improve the management system through internal audits and other means.
8.Revision of Personal Information Protection Policy
This Policy may be revised by the Company in its sole discretion within the scope prescribed in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and within the reasonable scope of the purpose of use.
Enacted: December 1, 2004
Revised: September 1, 2020
President and Representative Director, Yoshisato Kikuchi
Tiger Corporation (“We” or the “Company”) handles personal information as follows in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Policy.
- 1.Purpose of Use of Personal Information We Handle
- ・For shipping of our products and parts*
- ・For reference materials for our product and service development from questionnaires*
- ・To provide information on events we hold*
- ・For contacting business partners*
- ・For employment management and recruitment screening*
- ・To provide repair services (including inspection services)*
- ・To provide information on our products and services*
- ・For analysis and use for marketing in the Company* *Asterisk mark refers to information subject to disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc.
We use personal information for the following purposes.
- 2. Matters Regarding Joint Use
- [Data items] Name, contact information, names of purchased products, quantity
- [Purpose of use] For after-sales services
- [Responsible party] Tiger Life Service K.K.
- [Data items] Name, contact address, repair product name
- [Purpose of use] For repair services
- [Responsible party] Tiger Corporation
(1) We use orderer information concerning online sales conducted by our affiliated company “Tiger Life Service K.K.” jointly with Tiger Life Service K.K.
(2) We use the requester information gathered when providing repair services jointly with our affiliated company “Tiger Technical Service K.K.”
INQUIRIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Contact: Customer Service, Tiger Corporation
Telephone Number: +81-6-6906-2121
Open hours: 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.(JST) Monday - Friday(except for the holidays/the Company's close day)
Article 2. Personal Data to Be Collected
1. The Company may collect the following personal data from any users of the Website.
a. Names and addresses in detail
b. Information on orders or customer services
c. Email addresses
d. User names and passwords
e. IP addresses
f. Details of payments
g. Information on employment and curriculum vitae
2. The Company never collects any sensitive personal data through the Website, such as passport information or health data.
3. The Company collects personal data from a user of the Website when he or she performs any of the following acts.
a. Registering on the Website
b. Placing an order
c. Applying for employment through the Website
d. Otherwise using the Website
Article 3. Purposes of and Legal Grounds for Processing of Data
1. The Company collects and processes personal data solely for the purposes listed below.
a. Implementation of Contract or Response to Request of User of Website before Execution of Contract: When any user of the Website places an order with the Company through the Website, the Company may process his or her personal data in order to implement such contract. The Company never processes such personal data beyond the extent required to implement such contract.
The Company may use the personal data of any user of the Website in order to (i) communicate about any products or customer service of the Company; (ii) notify the user of the Website of information concerning his or her account and/or information that is important for him or her; and (iii) respond to any related complaint. When any user of the Website creates an account with the Website, the Company stores his or her personal data in order to make it unnecessary for him or her to input such personal data whenever accessing the Website. Such processing of personal data is required for the purpose of implementing contracts and/or earning rightful profits by the Company, that is, carrying out its normal business.
When the Company intends to communicate by email with any user of the Website for the purpose of marketing, it always obtains his or her prior consent for such communication except in cases where such communication is about products similar to those ordered by the user in the past. Every user of the Website has the right and option to require the Company at any time to stop transmitting emails to him or her. Such processing of personal data is required for the purpose of earning rightful profits by the Company, that is, communicating with a user and providing similar products and services to him or her, or is based on his or her prior consent.
d. Customer Service:
When any user of the Website uses the customer service of the Company, the Company may use his or her personal data to provide such customer service to him or her. Such processing of personal data is required for the purpose of implementing contracts and/or earning rightful profits by the Company, that is, carrying out its normal business.
e. Application for Employment:
When any user of the Website applies for employment through the Company’s website, the Company may use his or her personal data to respond to such application. Such processing of personal data is required for the purpose of earning rightful profits by the Company, that is, employing people who will work for the Company.
2. When the Company intends to process any personal data of any user of the Website for any purpose beyond that of the processing of such data intended at the time of its collection, the Company will provide the user with information on such other purpose and all other relevant information in addition thereto before processing such data.
Article 4. Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
1. The Company may entrust the handling of personal data of any user of the Website to subcontractors to whom it entrusts all or part of its operations to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. Such subcontractors will be selected based on the selection criteria established by the Company, and the Company will appropriately manage and supervise them.
2. The Company uses orderer information from online sales conducted by its affiliated company “Tiger Life Service K.K.” jointly with Tiger Life Service K.K.
[Data items] Name, contact information, names of purchased products, quantity
[Purpose of use] For after-sales services
[Responsible party] Tiger Life Service K.K.
3. The Company uses the requester information gathered when providing repair services jointly with its affiliated company “Tiger Technical Service K.K.”
[Data items] Name, contact address, repair product name
[Purpose of use] For repair services
[Responsible party] Tiger Corporation
Article 5. Security
1. The Company will prevent any misuse, loss or falsification of any personal data of any user of the Website by taking all appropriate, systematic and technical security measures in order to protect such personal data. In addition, the Company will grant access to personal data only to its employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to access such data. Those persons shall have confidentiality obligations under employment contracts or (data processing) agreements.
2. If any personal data is infringed upon, the Company will notify the relevant supervisory authority and the data subject of such infringement, pursuant to the applicable privacy protection laws and regulations.
Article 6. Data Retention Period
1. The Company will never retain any personal data of any user of the Website for a period longer than that required for the purpose of the collection of such data.
2. Any user of the Website may require the Company to delete his or her personal data at any time. When the retention of any personal data becomes unnecessary in light of the purpose of collection or processing of such data, the Company will delete such data.
Article 7. Cookies
2. Cookies are small pieces of information stored in the computer of every user of the Website by the browser. The Company uses different types of cookies for different purposes.
a. Functional cookies:
Functional cookies are those required to make the Website function correctly and include those required to create an account.
b. Analytical cookies:
Analytical cookies are those used for acquiring information on how the users of the Website use it (or parts of it). They enable the Company to improve the Website. The Company will use data acquired with cookies only for analyzing the state of use of the Website, not at an individual level but at a comprehensive level.
3. The Company uses third-party cookies only for the purpose of improving the quality and effectiveness of the Website. For example, it uses Google Analytics configured in such a way as to give consideration to privacy issues.
4. Most browsers are set to enable cookies by default. Browsers can be set to disable cookies or to display them upon transmission. However, when cookies are disabled, some functions or services on the Website of the Company or those of others may not function correctly.
Article 8. Rights of Users of Website
1. When any personal data of any user of the Website is processed based on his or her consent, he or she has the right to withdraw such consent relating to his or her personal data at any time.
2. Every user of the Website has the right to require the Company to grant him or her access to his or her personal data. This allows him or her to receive a copy of his or her personal data retained by the Company.
3. Every user of the Website has the right to require the Company to correct his or her personal data retained by the Company. This allows him or her to correct any incomplete or incorrect data thereon retained by the Company.
4. Every user of the Website has the right to require the Company to delete his or her personal data retained by the Company. This allows him or her to delete or remove his or her personal data continuously processed by the Company without any justifiable reason.
5. Every user of the Website has the right to object to the processing of his or her personal data by the Company for its rightful profits. When the Company processes such data directly for the purpose of marketing, it will always accept such objection made by a user. When the Company processes such data for any other purpose, it will stop processing such data except when there is an unavoidable and justifiable reason for processing such data which (i) shall be given priority over the user’s interest, right and freedom or (ii) relates to initiating or taking any legal proceedings or proving arguments in such proceedings.
6. In addition to the rights described above, every user of the Website has the right to file a complaint at any time with any supervisory authority (particularly that located in the EU member country where he or she has a residence, workplace or a violation of the GDPR is suspected to have been committed). However, the Company will appreciate it if he or she grants the Company an opportunity to respond to such complaint before he or she contacts such supervisory authority. Such prior notice by him or her will be highly appreciated.
7. When any user of the Website under 16 years old intends to exercise any of the rights set forth in this article, he or she is requested to obtain the consent of his or her parent or guardian to use the Website or consent to use the Website only after obtaining the permission of his or her parent or guardian.
Article 9. Contact Details for Inquiries
When any user of the Website has any question or complaint or desires to exercise any of the rights set forth in Article 8 hereof, he or she is requested to contact the following point of contact.
Contact: Customer Service, Tiger Corporation
Telephone number: Navi-dial 0570-011101 (charges apply)
Open hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday (excluding public and Company holidays)
*If Navi-dial is not usable, please call (06) 6906-2121.
Article 10. Data Protection Authority
In addition to the rights described above, any user living and/or working in the EU or any user who asserts that a violation of the GDPR has been committed may file a complaint with any supervisory authority. However, he or she is kindly requested to contact the Company before filing a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Article 11. Miscellaneous Provisions
1. The Company is authorized to delete the account of any user of the Website at any time without giving him or her any prior notice. If the Company deletes an account, it will accept no liability for any detriment caused thereby to such user.